Designing spectacular homes to fit today’s parenting and family needs
Home is where life happens. It is where you entertain friends and family, raise children, take care of your loved ones and carry on family traditions. If your life includes children, Brookside Homes has many floor plans and features that fit today’s parenting and family needs. For the ultimate in flexibility, Brookside can tailor any of its nearly 100 plans to match your needs, or work with your own plan or ideas, to build a home perfectly fit for your life.
Our Roosevelt home plan gives kiddos a separate wing for more peace and quiet.
1. Separate or shared bedrooms: The key question – should your children share a room? Separating children simply requires a home with more bedrooms; Brookside offers many three, four and four-plus bedroom plans for any size family. If sharing rooms, larger bedroom dimensions ensure plenty of space. Large-sized bedrooms are available in many of Brookside’s homes, including the Logan 2, Bradford, Fairhaven and Hartford plans.
2. Open floor plans: Create common living areas that allow everyone to have their space, yet be together, with an open floor concept. With limited or no walls between the main living spaces (kitchen, dining room and living room), Brookside Homes offers open floor concepts, including the Bradford, Layton 2, Casale 3 and Hartford home plans.
3. Separate kids’ wing: Separate the master suite from the children’s bedrooms to create a sense of privacy. Both the Concord and Roosevelt home plans from Brookside Homes feature master suites and other bedrooms on opposite sides of the home.
4. Separate vanity and showering/toileting areas: If you have children of varying ages or opposite genders, a shared bathroom space with separate vanity and showering/toileting areas is the way to go. Brookside Homes’ Logan 1 plan allows children to use the bathroom for different purposes at the same time while granting privacy.
5. Playroom: Whether you convert an extra bedroom, office or unfinished space, create a special play space with a dedicated playroom. Brookside Homes offers above-garage bonus rooms that can easily be converted to additional living space perfect for playrooms in its Aument, Benner, Franklin II plans.
6. Mudroom entry: Minimize entry messes with a mudroom, perfect for taking off wet or muddy clothing before entering into main living areas. Add storage cubbies, drawers or hooks to organize coats, backpacks, shoes and sports gear. Mudroom areas are available in multiple Brookside Homes’ plans, including the Musser 3, Benner, Hawthorne and Casale 2.
Call or visit us to see how we can customize a home perfectly fit for your family.
Our Logan 1 plan maximizes functionality, with separate vanity and toileting/showering areas.